I believe that regardless of a persons’s sexual orientation, lifestyle and/or occupation, everyone is worthy of professional and NON-judgmental mental health care so long as these practices are between consenting adults. Sex is a natural part of life that is experienced and expressed in many different ways. Regardless of how much or how little sex features in your life it should NOT be cause to avoid therapy for fear of being judged. In my office, my clients find a safe and accepting environment to express themselves while working through the issues they want to process.
As a special note to those potential clients in the adult entertainment industry I offer the following:
- I see adult performance as a valid form of employment.
- I am aware of and willing to learn more about the unique nature of the adult industry from performers.
- I acknowledge that sexuality is diverse and that no one view or social norm can encompass what constitutes healthy sexuality.
- I will respect the choice of each individual to be an adult performer and not try to “save” the individual from sex work.
- I understand that sex workers are as entitled to privacy and their boundaries as any other client.
I am proud to be a trusted business as approved by The Adult Performer Advocacy Committee (APAC).